The following are shortcut keys for the Eclipse TPS that I thought could have potential use throughout the treatment planning process. To learn all of the shortcut keys, press F1 to open up ‘RT and Imaging Online Help’, and search for the keyword ‘shortcut’ to view all of the shortcut-related topics.
- Plan Evaluation → Control + Shift + 2
- Between two plans, you can compare their top right screens from External Beam Planning in Plan Evaluation. You can view the 3D model of the patient and beam arrangement, the BEV and MLC motion, DVH, etc. Use the following to return to the default Plan Sum view: Control + Shift + 1.
- Plan Evaluation → Control + Shift + 6
- You can view a plan in Plan Sum as if you are in External Beam Planning. A physician that is reviewing your plans on Plan Evaluation may want to switch to External Beam Planning because Plan Evaluation is limited to showing 3 planes with fixed window sizes for the frontal and sagittal planes and a DVH. Using this shortcut will present an External Beam Planning screen with the exception of being able to modify plan parameters.
- Plan Evaluation → Control + Shift + 7
- You can present up to 6 plans and their respective DVHs simultaneously. This can have use in comparing plans that use different planning techniques, comparing Plan Sums alongside their component plans, and evaluating current plans with previous treatment plans and/or ancillary images.
- Contouring/Image Registration → Control + A
- Following an image fusion, you can blend the fusion to favor either image without using the slider. This requires that the blend percentage be at anything other than 50%, and following the use of this shortcut, the fusion will change to the complement of your initial blend percentage, e.g., 40% to 60%.
- Contouring/Image Registration → Control + R
- You swap through the planes to determine which plane shows on your primary/largest window.
- Contouring/Image Registration → Alt + Mouse Wheel Scroll
- You can scroll through your CT while skipping slices in between to move through the image faster as opposed to manually dragging the viewing planes. Pressing the Alt key may highlight over your toolbar on top and momentarily prevent you from contouring. Simply pressing the escape key will return things to normal.
- Contouring/Image Registration → H
- Other than the structure that is currently selected, every other structure will become hidden as long as you press down on the key.
Use the link below to view a presentation (end of the presentation) on shortcut keys: